Monday, October 03, 2005

I wanna hump you, the best chick in the mall

Resume sweep of the mall went pretty well overall. Here is a brief summary:

* West 49: not hiring immediately, but they're taking resumes and will probably start making calls for interviews in a couple of weeks.

* CD Plus: they are still jerks from the jerk store. Evidently they're overstaffed already and the manager would not even take my resume.

* East Side Board Supply: dude was all out of it. Like, d00d! Wasn't sure if they were doing any hiring any time soon, but took my resume and promised to pass it along.

* Chapters: waited in cash line, gave my resume to some guy who was definitely not a manager while a manager rang in other customers. I remembered her from the hellish interview experience chronicled in detail here, see "Fuck Chapters in the ass". I said I'm available any time and would like full time but would take part time. Dude said they're hiring for Xmas. Well I knew that.

* Starbucks: one of the better responses. "Bobbie" took my resume and said the manager just hired a couple of new people and is looking for more. He said she'd be in later today, and that he'd give her my resume.

* The Body Shop: the woman who was there identified herself as Suzanne, "the franchisee." She was super nice, took my resume, and asked tons of questions about school and long-term goals and what not. I gave her my stock response about wanting to go to grad school eventually, but needing to pay off some loans first. They're hiring for Xmas, etc.

* HMV: by far the best response. The guy I talked to had a labret piercing, which is always good. It's still shocking to me how many places here will not hire people with visible piercings or tattoos. Anyhoo, he was also super nice and asked me lots of questions, like about my favourite music and movies. He wrote down my answers on a little slip of paper and stapled it to my resume. He said he'd give it to the manager, who'll probably call me by the end of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home