Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Catch-up

Well I've just come from band practice and I'm feeling pretty wired. Adrenaline or some shit. Also I have a huge blister on my right middle finger which is making typing somewhat challenging. Fack!

I am unemployed yet again. For just over a month now.

Here are the boring details, for your interest:

Last year in October I got two part-time jobs, see When It Rains It Fucking Pours. One was a crappy Christmas retail job which I lamely attempted to chronicle via My Shitty Job. Unfortunately, retail drudgery soon sucked out my will to write about it. I think they make it that way on purpose. Anyway, as expected, jerks laid me off in January, with a promise to hire me back within a month. This rehiring did not come to fruition, luckily I wasn't very disappointed. I did miss the money, but certainly not the racist and homophobic remarks of my superiors even though they weren't directed at me.

My other job was as a part-time research assistant at my uni. My boss was awesome, and I mostly liked the job, even though I wasn't getting a lot of hours. I got hired full-time for the summer, which kicked metric tons of ass. I mostly got to sit around my house doing internet research and editing manuscripts. Sometimes I had to take the minutes of conference calls or lunch meetings, but I also got lots of free lunches. The money was craptastic, but a really fun job overall. The fun ended about a month ago, and I'm back at the job hunt. I don't know if I'll be updating this thing as religiously as I did last time, but whatever. For one thing I'm not ready to publicly discuss some of the employment options I'm looking at in my desperation, but there you have it.

Side note: Blogger thinks "homophobic" is a spelling error. Ditto with "fucking" and "Blogger." Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home