Sunday, August 08, 2004

Work from home! Be yr own boss!

Sorry I've been slacking with this. As many of you who know me from elsewhere are already keenly aware, besides blogging and looking for work, I also publish a zine called Fistful of Bees. I've spent the last several days getting the first print issue xeroxed and ready to go, as well as tracking down various distros. With great success apparently, as I have a big stack of international mail to take to the post office tomorrow.

Anyhoo... with all this leg work I've been doing for free recently, it occurred to me that I ought to be paid for it. So, first thing Monday morning I'm getting on the phone to Enterprise Fredericton to get info about starting a home mail order business (read: zine and music distro). My big hope is that I'll be able to get a government grant of some sort to do this... enough so I can buy a new PC and hire someone to design a slick-looking webpage. Not to mention feed myself for the first year or so while it gets off the ground. According to my preliminary research, there should be plenty of government cash for me, seeing as I'm female, under 30 and a resident of the notoriously impoverished Atlantic Provinces. Am I industrious or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home