Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I see a slow news day.

Nothing new to report. More of the same on all the job sites and in the paper.

The woman who interviewed me yesterday for the receptionist job said that since she's going to be talking to so many applicants, she probably wouldn't be able to contact everyone. She said that if I don't hear from them by Friday, then that means I didn't get the job... so I'm going to call them on Thursday to hassle them some more. Hopefully they will at least call my references. For some reason they loved me at my last job.

I also never got around to calling CD Plus. I'll wait until next week after I find out what's going on with the receptionist job to do that.

The woman from FRYS called me back yesterday too. After talking to her, I've decided against applying for that job. Apparently "youth care worker" entails working in a group home... you know, those places where they stick kids who aren't quite bad enough to go to prison, just got out of prison, or are otherwise too messed-up to go into regular foster homes. No thank you. I'm a bleeding heart liberal, but when it comes down to it I don't have the kahunas to make a career out of helping the truly disenfranchised. This is one more reason why I need to be independently wealthy (winning the lotto would work just fine); so I can give tons of money to homeless shelters and boys & girls clubs without having to actually do anything. Am I lazy and selfish or what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home