Friday, July 30, 2004

More good news.

Oromocto is a small town/suburb about 10 minutes outside of Fredericton. As of yesterday, it is losing one of its major employers, which will throw about 700 people out of work at the end of next month. On top of laying off their entire staff, RMH Teleservices is also jerking around their employees and not giving them proper severance benefits. Here is a link to the CBC story.

As badly as the layoffs in the civil service affected the job market here (provincial capital and all), we ain't seen nothin' yet. You see, the government laid off 750 civil servants province-wide back in the spring. RMH, however, is laying off 700 people in this community alone. It's gonna be a rough winter.

As for me, I have 10 form letters and resumes ready to go, all but one of which are unsolicited grovelling to random banks and consulting firms. I gotta walk down to the post office to mail 'em and then officially max-out my line of credit to pay my August rent.

1 Comments:

Blogger al said...

This bodes well for the likelihood of me moving to notfredericton very soon...

9:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home