Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Starbucks ahoy!

My worst fears have been realized.

Regular viewers will be already know that I sent a resume and bullshit cover letter to Chapters a week or two ago because of my increasingly desperate financial situation. For the uninitiated, Chapters = Barns & Noble in Canada... big box book stores located in or near malls with a Starbucks franchise tucked neatly in one corner.

Anyway, they called me for an interview today. Because I am now in the process of maxing out my "emergencies only" credit card with the $500 limit, I had to say yes, even though it's only part time (she said it would be between 10 and 25 hours a week) and presumably minimum wage.

So tomorrow at 2:00 I have to put on my job interview outfit, catch the bus uptown, and then sit there and pretend that selling products which include scented candles and cocktail shakers in a corporate bookstore with its own line of bottled water has been my life long dream. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home