Monday, August 30, 2004

I'll be a corporate barista... if it fucking kills me.

No Starbucks job for me. Well this certaintly sucks ass.

So I did the next best thing and applied for a job as a coffee jerk at The Second Cup. They are basically Canada's answer to Starbucks, but somewhat less evil... you know, they still exploit third world labour ("But all the other corporations are doing it!!"), but their business practices in the west aren't as monopolistic. The advantage of working there is that it's within a few blocks of where I live and I hear the tips are good. They are also apparently looking for full-time staff, unlike everywhere else I've looked. The principle disadvantage, however, is that I was told that the majority of the shifts they need to fill are from 6:30am to 5:00pm. Fucking hell. I can see it now...

I also attempted to leave a resume at CDPlus, but the girl at the counter wouldn't even take one from me saying only "There are only three people who work here and we don't need anybody else". Well fuck you, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home