Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Yay for not interrupting Deep Blue

The woman at Connect just called me back and she got my resume etc. etc. etc. She said they'd be having a meeting either later this week or early next week about what kind of qualifications they're looking for etc. etc. and would probably call me for an interview later next week. This, of course, was all after she tried to hassle me into applying to work for them as a telemarketer. Jesus, if that's all I wanted, does she really think I'd be making all this effort? They'll give those jobs to anyone who can talk and type at the same time and isn't overtly mentally ill. Anyway, so I guess this is all very promising... I'm still not happy at the prospect of graveyard shift though.

In other news... I checked Workopolis for the first time in at least a week, and lo and behold there's a temp agency looking for office monkeys in my area. By the end of the day I'm going to send off a copy of my standard bullshit cover letter and resume, where I say things like "I can offer your business a unique mix of skills, talents, and enthusiasm" and "Besides flexibility, I can also offer your business my ability to work well as part of a team, a skill I gained as a result of my employment with Tim Horton’s". And it makes me feel so dirty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home