Monday, July 26, 2004

I'd be a great role model for teens. Why do you ask?

So here's the plan for today:

1. I'm going to call Fredericton Residential Youth Services, because apparently they're looking for a part-time "youth care worker". I don't know what that means. The ad says "Youth care workers are responsible for the general supervision, daily living support, behavioral intervention and crisis management of clients". WTF does that mean? It also says "Qualifications: a Bachelor level degree in the social sciences field or a minimum 2 years post-secondary education with related work experience". See, the thing is that technically I'm, like, a credit short of a B.A. in sociology and I have absolutely no experience working with youth-at-risk (or whatever they're calling difficult kids these days). Anyway I'm gonna call them and see what's up.

2. I'm also gonna call the King's Place location of CDPlus. CDPlus is the kind of mall record store that sells Dead Kennedys and Misfits t-shirts, but doesn't carry their music. Nice. Anyway, if I worked there at least I wouldn't have to work a lot of nights or any Sundays because that mall is mostly only open from 8am to 5:30pm Monday to Saturday. Also it's downtown so I can walk to it from here and I don't have to be trapped in the mall during my designated break periods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home