Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Flupid bloroplope!

More reckless optimism from Yahoo! Astrology:

[Excerpt from] Monthly Career for September, 2004:

After the 6th, though, it feels like now or never. As long as the job gets done and the customer goes away satisfied, your methods stand up to administrative scrutiny through the 13th. That's when you land your dream job, get accepted to the organization or program that will open doors for you, or benefit from your boss' changing circumstances... You find cooperation at all levels. Old allies come through. Associates offer favors from out of the blue.

[Excerpt from] Weekly Forecast for September 6, 2004:

You'll be getting what you want in other areas of your life... this week -- especially on Thursday and Friday. A really great conversation toward the end of the week is going to lead you to start really thinking about your career in new and even more exciting ways.

This is all driving me fucking insane.

I emailed one of my references to see if the Second Cup has tried calling her. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have expressed reservations about working alone at night during the interview? Its potentially scary, goddamn it... if people wigged out on Oxycontin will rob Tim Horton's, then why not Second Cup? Maybe it's because the References sheet I gave her was an old one that still had "B.A." after my name from back when I thought I was still graduating this summer? More recent resumes don't have those letters after my name. Does she think I'm a filthy, filthy liar? I can't take much more of this.

It's eeriliy like when you're in a new relationship and you're waiting for the person to call you, so you sit around over-analyizing everything that they said to you. Perhaps I should begin reading my "Romance" horoscopes as well. Oh fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home