Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Decisions... decisions....

By 11:00 this morning it was becoming apparent that I had developed the stress-managment skills of a hamster, so I caved-in and called Second Cup rather than continuing to wait in agony for them to call me. Plus I find it's usually good to look like an eager beaver. Whatever....

So, long story short, I couldn't really get a straight answer out of this woman and I'm beginning to suspect that my chances of actually landing this job that I don't want so much as need, are not good. She said that of the two openings, one has been filled and she's still inteviewing for the other one. No decision had been made just yet, and then she said, "Thanks for calling". Not, "I'll let you know", or, "I'll talkt to you later in the week", but just "Thanks for calling". Surely, if I had even an outside chance of getting the apparently much coveted barista job, she would have said something which would lead me to believe that I would be hearing from her at a later date?

I don't know what to do next. I suppose if I don't hear from her, I should try calling again on Friday?

You have no idea how much I don't want to be an "Extreme Team Player" at The Extreme Pita... it's significantly more than the degree to which I don't want to be a barista at the Second Cup, let's put it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home